MYTH & REALITY
During this Year of Myth and Reality, we are hosting events, discussions, activities, and academic explorations of the ways myth and reality interact, conflict, cross boundaries, create lines of division, interplay, and thus affect one another and our world.
The title provides the frame for topics that encourage academic debate as the college aims to consider: - the definitions of “myth” and “reality” -explore issues related to mythology - investigate mythology’s impact on human thought, health, and behavior -critically examine the history and future of mythology and its relationship to individuals, communities, governments, and the world.
- Success in the Visual Arts: Myth or Reality April 21, 2015
- Super Readers Save the Day: On the use of Super Why to Resolve a Freirian Puzzle March 26, 2015
- How to Lie with Maps and Climate Data February 26, 2015
- Using Mathematics to Distinguish Myth from Reality February 20, 2015
- The Universe & How We Know It January 28, 2015
- Home Movie Memories December 3, 2014
- Elyn Saks: Living with Schizophrenia November 17, 2014
- From Benjamin Franklin to Kim Kardashian November 12, 2014
- Sexual Preditors and Women: Myths and Realities November 6, 2014
- Identity, Love and Romance in Virtual Worlds October 15, 2014