2015 - 2016
Over the years, the “Year Of” program has provided a framework for looking at the relationship between science and religion, humans and our environments, the relationships between self and society, methods of conflict transformation, and – this year – our wellness.
During this Year of Wellness, we are hosting events, discussions, activities, and academic explorations of how our preconceived notions intersect with the reality of physical, mental, spiritual, economic, and relational wellness.
The title provides the frame for topics that encourage academic debate as the college aims to consider:
- How do we compose wellness?
- Is wellness composed merely in our relationships with food, sleep, and exercise? What about our relationships with other people?
- How does wellness look between friends, lovers, and family?
- What happens during major life transitions? What do we do to maintain wellness throughout these transitions?
- Is wellness a perfect ideal that we strive for, or is it found in the “good enough” moments in life?
- What happens in the times when wellness “hits the fan”?
- The Flame, Fist and Dance Tour September 28, 2015
- Beautiful, The Solo Play by Jozanne Marie September 28, 2015
- Your Smartphone: Your Servant or Your Master? September 21, 2015
- Composing Wellness September 21, 2015
- Free Speech on Campus: Myth or Reality? June 3, 2015
- Success in the Visual Arts: Myth or Reality? April 21, 2015
- Super Readers Save the Day: On the use of Super Why to Resolve a Freirian Puzzle March 26, 2015
- How to Lie with Maps and Climate Data February 26, 2015
- Using Mathematics to Distinguish Myth from Reality February 20, 2015
- The Universe & How We Know It January 28, 2015
- Home Movie Memories December 3, 2014
- Elyn Saks: Living with Schizophrenia November 17, 2014
- From Benjamin Franklin to Kim Kardashian November 12, 2014