Thursday, November 20, 1-2pm EATM Auditorium She first began to have symptoms at age 16...
MYTH & REALITY
During this Year of Myth and Reality, we are hosting events, discussions, activities, and academic explorations of the ways myth and reality interact, conflict, cross boundaries, create lines of division, interplay, and thus affect one another and our world.
The title provides the frame for topics that encourage academic debate as the college aims to consider: - the definitions of “myth” and “reality” -explore issues related to mythology - investigate mythology’s impact on human thought, health, and behavior -critically examine the history and future of mythology and its relationship to individuals, communities, governments, and the world.
- Elyn Saks: Living with Schizophrenia November 17, 2014
- From Benjamin Franklin to Kim Kardashian November 12, 2014
- Sexual Preditors and Women: Myths and Realities November 6, 2014
- Identity, Love and Romance in Virtual Worlds October 15, 2014
- For a Good Education: Avoid the Ivy League? September 30, 2014
- Why do people believe in Aliens? What sort of evidence do we have? September 4, 2014